Bulgarian national association of shipbuilding and shiprepair (BULNAS) was established at 28 April 2009 as a voluntary non-profit association with
objectives to support and represent the interests of shipbuilding and ship repair industry before the state, local and international authorities and
BULNAS is the biggest maritime voluntary non-profit association in Bulgaria which includes all Bulgarian shipbuilding and shiprepair yards; manufacturers of
ship equipment and companies involved in shipbuilding and shipreparing related activitie; N. Y. Vaptsarov Naval Academy and Technical University - Varna;
classification societies, design offices and scientific organizations, ect. BULNAS members employ 4 300 permanent staff and also about 5 000 sub-contractors.
Members of BULNAS are:
- shipbuilding and ship repair yards: MTG - Dolphin PLC; Odessos Shiprepair Yard S.A.; Bulyard Shipbuilding Industry AD;
TEREM - KRZ Flotski Arsenal - Varna Ltd.; Bourgas Shipyard Ltd; Rousse Shipyard West JSC;
- manufacturers of ship equipment and companies involved in shipbuilding and ship repair related activities: Ship Machine-Building JSCo;
Apolon Climate Engineering Ltd.; Black Sea Jacht Service Ltd.; Bulmar Consult Ltd.; DZZD Balans Ship Electronics; Jambo Ltd.; Euromarket - BRD Ltd.;
Evro Shipping Ltd.; Eltrak Bulgaria Ltd.; Intercom Group Ltd.; Krepel Ltd. Marina-SM Ltd.; Marineimpex Ltd.; Maia-K Ltd.; Morgan Ltd.;
New Project Ltd.; Popravak Brodskih Motora ltd.; Pulsar-Qnakiev Ltd.; STIV Marine Division Ltd.; Teva Marine Ltd.; TM Technology JSC; Trans – Mar Services Ltd.;
Ula Ltd.; "Hydravlon-1" Ltd.; Uta-dik Ltd.;
- classification societies, design offices and scientific organizations: INSB Bulgaria Ltd.; Bulgarian Register of Shipping Ltd.;
Bureau VETITAS Bulgaria Ltd.; N. Y. Vaptsarov Naval Academy; Vripack Engineering Ltd.; Germanischer Loyd Bulgaria Ltd.; Bulgarian Ship Hydrodynamics
Centre-BAS; Keppel FELS Baltech Ltd.; Loyd's Register EMEA Branch; Marine Design Ltd.; RINA Bulgaria Ltd.;
Smart design 2006 Ltd.; IMSET with Center for Hydro- and Aerodynamics "Acad. A. Balevski"; Technical University - Varna;
- honorable members: eng.Dimityr Stoyanov; eng.Zlatko Bakalov; eng.Geto Marinov.
Applying new and modern production technologies, specialized software and internationally recognized standards, BULNAS keep their competitive edge on the local and on global market as well.
Bulgarian shipbuilding and ship repair enterprises demonstrate sound expertise, abilities and resources in marine and offshore industry:
- shipbuilding and shiprepair yards, members of BULNAS, have extensive track record of their ability to design, build and repair ships up to 100 000 DWT;
- members of the Association have expertise in engineering, construction and repair of various types of sea and river going vessels, such as tankers, bulk carriers, product carriers, container carriers, multipurpose/general cargo vessels, patrol ships,
tugs, fishing vessels, self and non-self-propelled barges, passenger ships, yachts, etc.;
- floating facilities on ferroconcrete hulls such as floating car parks, hotels, hospitals and other types of facilities; ferroconcrete structures (pontoons, caissons) for port/yard infrastructure projects, etc.;
- manufacturers of ship equipment and others shipbuilding and shiprepar related companies, members of BULNAS, have vast EPCI record in marine, offshore and on-shore machine engineering and building - electrical equipment: main, emergency, navigation,
control and signaling switchboards and panels, including starters, radio navigation and automation; production of electric motors, machinery, hatch covers (folding, pontoon, sliding, etc.) and other deck outfitting and machinery;
- the scientific organizations, members of Association, have already established impressive expertise and reputation in fundamental and applied research works and studies, such as FEA modeling and analysis of marine and offshore structures and machinery;
- the design offices, members of BULNAS, provide highly competitive services and cover complete design and engineering work scope - Conceptual design, Front End Engineering Design, Basic Design and Detailed Engineering, applying specialized CAD/CAM and
FEA analysis software;
- classification societies, members of Association, applying professional knowledge and skills, and following the Code of Ethics, dedicate their activities to ensure that HSE standards at sea are met and have proven themselves as reliable partners and
consultants in marine and offshore industry.